Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fantastic And Free File Recovery Software

If you're like me, and you've occasionally deleted an important image file, having an effective and reliable file-recovery utility is a must.

To be honest, I never deliberately went out of my way looking for a free utility, but a friend who shoots semi-pro swears by one particular product, so I thought I'd give it a go.

The product is called "Recuva", by a UK-based company called Piriform. Quite frankly, I'm amazed that such an effective product is free. But, it is. It works on a range of input/disk sources, including flash-type cards - a critical one for photographers.

I must mention that it is a Windows-based product. It is very easy to use, and also gives you the option to use a wizard-style interface, to get started quickly.

I really like it. Give it a go, and let me know what you think.

You can download Recuva from:

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment